At Vast Broadband we are In It to Win It! Vast knows it takes great employees to make this happen. Vast values our employees because they are key in our effort to provide top quality customer and community service! We are looking for someone who is excited about growing in their career! Someone who is motivated, enthusiastic, and driven for success!
Apply today for this exciting opportunity!
Job Title: Residential Sales Representative
Reports to: Residential Sales Supervisor
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Residential Sales Rep is responsible for direct residential sales in designated areas within the broadband system to maximize penetration by selling broadband services to residential customers, and representing the Company at community events to meet established objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities: Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sells Broadband Services and bundled services to residential customer in serviceable areas.
- Drives to designated node/assigned area for purposes of knocking doors of non-Vast Broadband residents identified by node sheets
- Describes and demonstrates the features, benefits and value of Vast Broadband product offerings, services, and billing procedures.
- Maintains company-established homes passed objectives, prospects, closing standards, bundling objectives and sales production standards with a focus on retention and churn management.
- Schedules customer installations in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Provides assessment of customer premises to identify special wiring or hardware needs in order to ensure timely and efficient installations.
- Participates in the development and implementation of the business strategy for the region.
- Completes sales order forms, documents and reports as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education/Experience: High school diploma/GED is required; college degree in sales, marketing or business preferred and two to three years of professional sales experience is required, preferably in the communications industry or equivalent. Combination of education and experience.
Computer Skills: Requires thorough working knowledge of MS Excel and MS word. Requires basic working knowledge of MS Project, MS Access and MS PowerPoint.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee must be able to work outdoors in mid-western climates and is regularly required to drive, sit, stand, and walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; use vision to adjust focus to close and distant objects; be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs, e.g. boxes of sales and marketing materials, display objects, etc.
- Ability to build and maintain professional client relationships
- Ability to articulate and communicate to internal and external customers
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Ability to speak in public and motivate others
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Must be highly organized, flexible, detail-oriented and able to multi-task under pressure
- Ability to work beyond normal business hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays as necessary
- Ability to working on personal initiative and meet strict deadlines and sales objectives
- Ability to self-motivate
- Ability to meet external demands, pressures and times scales
Vast Broadband is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Ability to work beyond normal business hours including evenings up to 9 p.m., weekends and holidays as necessary
- Must be able to work in inclement weather
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to have and maintain a valid driver’s license and driving record that meets the standards of our insurance company.