Fiber Splicer and troubleshoot fiber lines
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain 40 hours per week performance level, plus additional hours and on call as job requires
- Ability to work without direct supervision as required by job
- Maintain positive attitude towards co-workers and industry contacts.
- Maintain professional dress and grooming as defined in the "Employee Manual.”
- Personally identify strengths and limitations and willingly self-correct to meet necessary standards of performance.
- Adhere to company practices and regulations as specified in the "Employee Manual."
- Maintain work area in neat and orderly fashion.
- Establish and adhere to a record of good attendance and punctuality.
- Maintain confidentiality of all customer and company information.
- Maintain honesty and integrity in all dealings.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle. Must maintain reliable transportation to perform required duties outside the Vast Broadband office location. Must have valid motor vehicle operator's license as well as any required insurance and registration certification.
- Must have a responsible driving record.
- Maintain accurate time and attendance records.
- Meet deadlines on projects and assignments.
- A general commitment to provide support to the overall growth and promotion of the company.
- Represent the company at all times in a professional manner.
- Must train on all safety videos provided by Vast Broadband Construction, Inc.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Trouble shoot/repair fiber problems
- Fiber splicing/fusion.
- Must maintain a positive and professional attitude towards co-workers and interconnecting companies.
- Will resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Will be responsible for providing proper care for all Vast Broadband-provided tools and vehicles.
- Will be responsible for additional duties as assigned.
- Must maintain and update splice documentation.
- Fiber Spicing/testing and Bidirectional troubleshooting to find faults with use of applicable equipment. (Fusion splicer, OTDR, Light ID, scope, etc.).
- Emergency Fiber restoration
- Promotes Vast Broadband services and seeks sales & upgrade opportunities.
- Special projects as assigned by the Field Supervisor.
- Coordinates with other Vast Broadband departments.
MS Office software skills are preferred; Internet and e-mail are required; able to install, set up and configure personal computers with a variety of operating systems.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Familiarity with telecommunications industry and its practices.
- Familiarity with fusion/fiber splicing.
- Familiarity with related safety practices.
- Familiarity with operating a bucket truck safely.
- Experience with fiber splicing/fusion.
Vast Broadband is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Regularly talk or hear.
- Frequently required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to stand; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50-100lbs. weight.
- Operate a company vehicle on a daily basis.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.