Perform all duties associated with parts sales orders, or any duties assigned by Parts Sales Manager.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Process all parts sales orders received from dealers and customers. Evaluate orders or inquiries offering advice and do suggestive selling.
- Check parts numbers and descriptions with parts catalog for accuracy.
- Daily filing of Part Sales materials and paperwork.
- Prepare quotations as requested by distributors or customers.
- Follow-up on previous correspondence and open quotations.
- Coordinate with Engineering any changes on equipment when special parts need to be manufactured.
- Assist Manager with dealer management to include dealer visits, dealer stock levels, training, and dealer selection.
- Assist Manager in development and execution of marketing strategy for parts sales.
- Work on parts price book as required.
- Inform Manager of stock shortages or inventory discrepancies.
- Perform other duties as directed by Parts Sales Manager.
Qualifications and Essential Functions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to communicate orally and in written form in English and another language (Spanish or Portuguese) is preferred.
- Personal Characteristics: Ability to work well with others, exercise sound judgment and solve problems, work independently and effectively manage workload, and work well under pressure. This employee must have excellent oral and written communication skills, and be resourceful, well-organized, meticulous, and accurate.
- Skills: Ability to operate general office equipment including telephone, computer, calculator, photocopier, and fax machine.Ability to use word processing, spreadsheet, and database software, Internet software, and E-mail. A working knowledge of Microsoft Office products preferable.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, this employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.The noise level in the environment varies from low to moderate.
- Physical Demands: This employee is regularly required to use hands to finger and handle items. This employee is frequently required to sit. This employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and climb or balance. This employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This employee is occasionally required to travel by air and/or auto for business purposes.
This description is intended as a guide only. The listed duties may be changed at the discretion of the incumbent’s supervisor.