Service, maintain, and repair Company forklifts and yard equipment and facility.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Repair and maintain machinery, mechanical equipment, etc. in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, manufacturer’s specifications, and generally accepted mechanical maintenance and safety procedures.
- Assist with preventative maintenance programs.
- Assist and/or work under the supervision of qualified electricians in the installation and maintenance of electrical tools, parts, electrical or electronic equipment and systems.
- Maintain department area in clean, orderly, and safe condition.
- Perform or assist other departments and/or personnel in maintenance, fabrication, repair, construction projects, assembly, etc. as qualified and requested by Supervisor or Department Leader.
- Maintain inventory for maintenance repairs.
- Fabricate parts, jigs, racks, etc. for department and equipment.
- Job requires using a computer mouse to access and open/close computer documents.
All duties must be performed in compliance with Company policies relating to safety and housekeeping.
- Perform work standing on concrete up to 12 hours per day.
- Ability to use general mechanic and maintenance tools and equipment.
- Ability to maneuver in a manufacturing environment with usual working conditions associated with heavy equipment repair (exhaust, solvent, etc.)
- Ability to work on, in, around, and under equipment as necessary to perform duties.
- Climb ladders, work platforms, stairs, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret necessary instructions or specifications required to perform duties.
- Primary work assignment will require employees to be able to frequently push/pull/lift up to 45 pounds. Employees may occasionally push/pull/lift greater than 45 pounds if they are physically able to safely do it.Employees are encouraged to use caution at all times when pushing/pulling/lifting.Please consider the size, shape, weight of the object to be pushed/pulled/lifted, the path and the distance you must travel along with your own physical ability.If necessary, please seek assistance with pushing/pulling/lifting tasks.Employees should never lift more than they are physically able to do.
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Good mechanical ability.
- Welding ability.
- Schematic/blueprint/technical publication reading ability.
- Ability to work with others.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Computer experience desired, particularly the ability to use a mouse, and locate and open/close files.