Enter inventory information into the computer and handle any other computer update information as required. Research and find information to complete inventory forms by use of computer or manual records and participation in daily overall production and inventory control activity. Ensure that a correct count of all inventory items is maintained on a continuous basis.
Work with cycle count coordinator to ensure audit criteria are met. Review location allotment, stock levels, and make needed recommendations. Assist with, through backup responsibilities, functions within the Inventory Control department as needed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Completion of assigned tasks in a timely manner.
All duties must be performed in compliance with Company policies relating to safety and housekeeping.
- Enter inventory transactions as dispersed by storeroom. Work directly with Stockroom, Receiving, and purchasing to ensure accurate computer information and transactions.
- Data entry of information into MRP system.
- Work with cycle counter in the analysis and correction of inventory discrepancies discovered during normal operations.
- Work with Receiving Department to assure accuracy of customer returns.
- Enter inventory transactions as received and dispersed by storeroom. Work directly with Stockroom, Receiving, Shipping and Purchasing to ensure accurate computer information and transactions. This would include proper processing of special inventory transactions such as orange and blue cards used for material movement.
- Update computer transactions for inventory levels, inventory locations, and corrections of incorrect parts numbers for on-hand material. Make stock files for items to be stocked.
- Coordinate project closing procedures with Cost Accounting.
- Perform and document cycle counts following existing procedures.
- Refine and improve cycle count procedures.
- Review and make recommendations for item location allotment, minimum and maximum stocking levels and Safety stock levels.
- Work with coordinator to process monthly steel cycle counts.
- Perform “Root Cause” analysis for inventory errors to identify and correct.
- Analysis and correction of inventory discrepancies.
- Analysis of devalued and safety stock.
- Be back up for inventory control department when needed.
- Provide assistance and/or perform other related duties as assigned.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
2. Run computer reports that are requested.
1. High school diploma.
2. Operate general office equipment including telephone, computer, calculator, fax, etc.
3. Use of required safety equipment, including safety glasses.
1. Perform work in a heavy industrial setting with exposure to dust and noise.
2. Drive/Operate a forklift in the storeroom area.
3. Perform work standing on concrete up to 8 hours a day.
4. Ability to push/pull/lift up to 40 lbs. (limit could vary depending on primary work assignment). Employees should use caution at all times when lifting. Considering the size, shape, and weight of the object needing to be lifted, the path and distance it must travel and your own personal ability (Ask for assistance when needed).
This description is intended as a guide only. The listed duties may be changed at the discretion of the incumbent’s supervisor.
1. Handle correspondence and/or record filing as required.