Responsible for the design and maintenance of applications to complement the Epicor 10 ERP system. Assists with the upkeep of existing Access databases and managing the SQL databases / SSRS Report Server. Also assists with software upgrades and the data conversions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates and maintains C#, VB, HTML, and ASP programs using Visual Studio.net.
- Creates and maintains SSRS reports as needed for the Epicor ERP system and other reporting requirements.
- Maintains and converts a variety of Access databases as needed.
- Incorporate several existing Access databases into the Epicor ERP system so data resides in one specific application.
- Designs, maintains and trouble-shoots applications/databases which will coincide with the Epicor ERP system.
- Assists in the development and management of the Sales & Marketing Department’s reporting and forecasting documents.
- Assists with maintenance and future additions to KPI/JCI/ AMS’s IronHub (online sales configurator).
- Maintains Crystal Report (Business Objects) server and Microsoft SQL server – administer SQL databases.
- Assists with maintenance of customer relationship management (CRM) application.
- Proficient in C#, VB, and TSQL and familiarity with Access and HTML and ASP.
- An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in computer science and programming, or 2 to 5 years experience in the field, or a combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is desired.
- Adaptable to using different types of computer equipment and software, as well as operate general office equipment including phone, calculator, photocopier, fax machine, etc. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products preferable.
- Ability to work well with others (a team player) and demonstrate good oral and written communication skills. Good in-house and external (dealers/suppliers) people skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to communicate and exchange accurate information. The employee frequently is required to walk; stand; sit; use both hands to finger, handle, feel, and grip; use fine finger ability; use wrist motion; reach with hands and arms; and balance. The employee must occasionally taste or smell, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, or occasionally support or help move a human body possibly weighing more than 200 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily exposed to an office-type environment in a manufacturing setting. The employee is occasionally exposed to a shop manufacturing and warehouse environment. Exposures in the shop and warehouse environment can include exposure to moving mechanical parts; vibration; odors, fumes, gasses, smoke, dust, or airborne particles; and outside weather conditions. The employee may occasionally be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, oil or grease, extreme cold, extreme heat, and humidity. The noise level in the work environment is quiet while in the office area but moderate to high in the manufacturing environment. Hearing and eye protection is required while on the production floor.