Provide Field service assistance on installation, start-up, troubleshooting, and operator training of Kolberg-Pioneer, Inc. (KPI), Johnson Crushers International (JCI), and Astec Mobile Screens (AMS) supplied equipment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze and correct technical field application, operational, and mechanical problems in person, phone, or other correspondence with dealers and/or customers.
- Prepare detailed reports on service trips and/or phone calls.
- Provide information on problems incurred and recommendations for changes to prevent recurring problems. (Product Improvement Report and/or Corrective Action Request)
- Provide technical assistance in the development of operator, maintenance, and service manuals.
- Provide assistance in developing and presenting training programs for our distributor organization and customers.
- Promote KPI-JCI & AMS equipment and parts.
- Actively lead and contribute to our Continuous Improvement System. This includes performing assigned tasks, following up, creatively driving customer value added products, and drive field feedback to team members.
- All other duties as assigned.
Perform duties in environments, which include heavy industrial settings, quarry/pit locations, and construction sites with associated pollutants and noise level.
- Willingness to travel by air and auto frequently.
- Must have a valid driver’s license in your resident jurisdiction and an acceptable driving history, and obey all laws at all times. Do not perform tasks that distract you while driving. Comply with state and local laws regarding cell phone usage. The Company prohibits employee use of cell phones or similar devices, with the exception of hands-free Bluetooth-enabled devices, for Company-related purposes while driving.
- Must be able to obtain a passport if necessary.
- Must have financial means to travel when required. Approved expenses will be reimbursed.
- Required to carry $100,000/$300,000 liability insurance coverage on any personal vehicle used for company business.
- Ability to work well with others and interact with people in a variety of service-related circumstances, some of which may be dissatisfied customers and/or dealer personnel. Ability to exercise sound judgment and solve problems, work independently, effectively manage workload, and work well under pressure.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Bi-lingual speaking and writing skills desirable, particularly with the Spanish language.
- Resourceful and well-organized.
- Ability to perform mechanical installation and/or repair of KPI-JCI & AMS supplied equipment.
- Ability to climb onto equipment and work at high levels.
- Ability to push/pull/lift up to 40 lbs. (limit could vary depending on primary work assignment). Employees should use caution at all times when lifting. Please consider the size, shape, and weight of the object needing to be lifted, the path and distance it must travel, and your own personal ability. If necessary, please seek assistance with the lifting task.
- Operate general office equipment including telephone, computer, photocopier, calculator, fax machine, etc. Ability to use word processing, spreadsheet, and database software, Internet software, and E-mail. A working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and training presentation media preferable.