Our Yankton location is adding new team members to join us in connecting with people via great coffee & food. We need barista's, deli workers, and prep persons. Pay range is from $9.50-$15.00 Plus tips depending on experience.
Call 605-660-8700 or Apply 300 W. 3rd St., Yankton
As a Coffee Shop Barista, Prep Person, Deli Person, this position will be responsible for reviewing and filling customer orders for the day, handling food in a safe manner and ensuring the work area is always clean and neat. Additionally you will ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service to customers and team members.
Accountable and Reports to: General Manager
Direct Reports: No one
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
2. Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or elsewhere in the store.
3. Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them by name whenever possible.
4. Assists customers by:
- escorting them to the products they're looking for
- securing products that are out of reach
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
6. Takes customer orders at the counter.
7. Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant work environment.
8. Handles food in a safe manner and ensures the work area is always clean and neat.
9. Reviews the status and appearance of the food for freshness.
10. Ensures that an adequate food supply is ready and on hand and develops or follows a production list.
11. Anticipates product needs for the department on a daily basis
12. Prepares and replenishes product as necessary.
13. Checks in product, puts product away, and may review invoices.
14. Runs the department registers and receives payment, makes change, etc., where applicable.
15. Removes trash in a timely manner.
16. Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress.
17. Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
18. Reports to work when scheduled and on time
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Washes dishes as necessary.
2. Orders product and supplies as necessary.
3. Prices products for customers as necessary.
4. Assists in other areas of store as needed.
5. Performs other job related duties and special projects as required.
Education and Experience:
Less than high school or equivalent experience and six months or less of similar or related work experience.
- Must be able to physically perform medium work: exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, 20 pounds of force frequently, and 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual requirements include clarity of vision at a distance of more than 20 inches and less than 20 feet with our without correction, color vision, depth perception and field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
Salary: $9.50 to $15.00 /hour