Determines and implements Cost Accounting methods and procedures. The General Accountant is involved in the preparation and analysis of cost and labor reports, along with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable requirements.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Cost Accounting Manager in maintaining standard costs for parts and equipment, variance reporting for material, labor and overhead, closing projects, reporting sales order margins, Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, Returned Goods Reserve, and other financial reporting.
- Assist with Accounts Receivable duties (daily as required).
- Gain familiarity with manufacturing and the manufacturing support departments at KPI along with a certain level of product knowledge.Be involved in Continuous Improvement Process (CIP) teams to help reduce cost and work orders.Be a member of a VSM team.
- Preforms General Ledger Accounting for Warranty.
5. Cross-train on major functional duties including being
A/R back-up, and other projects as required.
6. Executes internal Sarbanes-Oxley control responsibilities with diligence and integrity. These internal control responsibilities are communicated to the person fulfilling this position, and periodic feedback is provided as it relates to performance of internal control responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration with an Accounting minor, or Associate in Accounting with commensurate experience. Costing experience preferred.
- Familiarity with an ERP system and bar coding preferred. Report writing skills, preferably with Crystal Reports.
- Strong oral, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Perform work in a heavy industrial setting with exposure to dust and noise.
This description is intended as a guide only. The listed duties may be changed at the discretion of the incumbent’s supervisor.