Nominations should be made for a business who meets the following criteria:
- Multi-generational: At least two generations are currently working in the business, or business has already transitioned from one generation to another within the family.
- Contributions to Community: Valuable contributions are made through leadership roles, volunteer service, and/or financial support.
- Character: Integrity and honesty describe business in relationships with employees and customers.
- Employees: Genuine caring for the personal well-being of employees, recognizing their contributions to the success of the business.
- Success: Proven success and growth of the family business since its founding.
Previous Award Recipients:
2004 - Hatch Furniture & Flooring
2005 - Stockman's Livestock Market
2006 - Countryside Manufacturing, Inc.
2007 - John A. Conkling Distributing
2008 - Kopetsky's Ace Hardware
2009 - Hebda Family Produce & Prairie Gardens
2010 - Luken Memorials, Inc.
2011 - First Chiropractic Center
2012 - SD Magazine
2013 - Klines Jewelry
2014 - Hanson Briggs Advertising
2015 - Wintz & Ray Funeral Home
2016 - Mark's Machinery
2017 - Ehresmann Engineering
2018 - Slowey Management
2019 - Slumberland/Larry's Heating & Cooling