Performs a wide range of marketing functions such as creating, maintaining and utilizing content for the promotion of KPI-JCI and Astec Mobile Screens products and services to enhance our position within the industries we serve.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Writes content for promotional and technical literature, advertisements, and training initiatives within the Marketing Department.
- Writes, develops and distributes press releases about company products, rollouts, updates and events.
- Develops successful customer case studies.
- Creates compelling articles based on the unique story associated with the job site and technical data.
- Documents using a variety of audio/visual equipment (including DSLR cameras, video cameras, microphones and a drone.)
- Develops and creates content for inbound and outbound marketing programs based around email marketing, social media, search engine optimization (SEO) and lead nurturing/tracking.
- Develops targeted email marketing initiatives using data from internal and external sources.
- Assists in planning and producing promotional articles, graphics and programs for social media.
- Utilizes software to target web content for SEO.
- Maintains lead, prospect and customer database and works with Customer Development Manager to target communication to them.
- Coordinates and writes content for The Feed, a publication from KPI-JCI and Astec Mobile Screens.
- Assists in managing content submission and relationship with industry media.
- Assists in selection and purchasing of promotional items.
- Assists with and/ or attends various conferences and trade shows.
- Assists with creation of graphics using a variety of software including Adobe Creative Cloud.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Up-to-date knowledge of new technologies and ability to apply it to marketing principles.
- Ability to work individually and ability to handle self-driven projects efficiently.
- Effective presentation of information and excellent written and spoken English – other languages a significant benefit.
- Detail-orientated, creative and pragmatic problem solver.
- Must be organized in order to meet deadlines and stay on task. Will be expected to juggle multiple projects at one time.
- Team player and builder, receptive to ideas from others. Keeps team members informed and works effectively with other to identify and resolve issues.
- Ability to establish good relations with all levels of employees.
Education RequirementA Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, journalism or related field, and/or four years of experience required. Experience within the industry is preferred.
- Ability to write and edit. Samples may be required.
- Strong understanding of social media.
- Effective interview skills in order to make the subject feel comfortable and tell their story in an effective manner.
- Ability to compose information into targeted articles and materials.
- Ability to create and produce materials using a range of media, methods, techniques and equipment.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications like Customer Relationship Management software (Microsoft Dynamics or comparable).
- Skills in accessing internet information services.
- Skills in creating and recognizing good design principles.
- Ability to provide formal and informal instruction to technical and non-technical personnel in the use of computer hardware and software.
- Perform work in an office environment with minor exposure to industrial noise, fumes, smoke, etc.
- Ability to climb stairs and maneuver in congested, heavy manufacturing environment.
- Willing to travel by air and auto.
This description is intended as a guide only. The listed duties may be changed at the discretion of the incumbent’s supervisor.