- The Social Services Consultant will assist administration at client facilities (long term care and critical access hospitals) in meeting the psychosocial needs of residents and patients whose physical condition may be aggravated by social factors and who therefore may require social treatment based on their medical condition and course of treatment.
- The Social Services Consultant will work with the Social Services Coordinator/Designee in client facilities to meet these requirements.
- The Social Services Consultant evaluates, advises, and teaches through consultation.
- The consultant does not assume responsibility for the day-to-day directing of social services programs, or routinely do any hands-on work except through demonstration.
Education and Experience:
- Prefer individual with clinical experiences in acute care, long-term care, and/or outpatient/clinic setting.
- Person must have a minimum 2 years experience as a social worker.
- Individual must be computer literate and be able to use Microsoft products and navigate a Windows environment.
- Public relations and public speaking experience helpful.
Certification and Licensure:
- Social Services Consultant must be licensed by the SD Board of Social Work Examiners and maintain current licensure including a minimum of 30 contact hours of continuing education every two years.
- The Social Services Consultant must have a bachelor's degree in social work.
- Individual must hold a valid driver's license.