To enhance Yankton’s area surface, rail and air transportation infrastructure.
2017 Strategic Plan
- Legislation – To monitor local, state and federal legislation pertaining to transportation and utility issues and make appropriate recommendations to the Governmental Affairs or Chamber Board for action.
- Street Improvements – To maintain active involvement with the 4th Street design project relating to signaling and construction due to increased traffic.
- Highway 46 from intersection with Highway 81 to Beresford – To promote shoulder improvements/regrade on various sections of this stretch of Highway 46 for safety and as a critical route for the Yankton area economy.
- Yankton County Road Improvements – Continue to monitor and promote critical County Road improvement projects.
- Meridian Bridge Area Development – To maintain involvement with the activities associated with the conversion of the Meridian Bridge and other downtown area transportation improvements.
- Rail – To promote improvements and maintenance of rail initiative.
- Airport – To promote improvements, maintenance and utilization of the Chan Gurney Municipal Airport.
- Reliever Route – To promote the reliever route from east Highway 50 along the northeast side of the City to the intersection of Highway 50 and 81.
- Norfolk to Yankton Enhance/Expand to 4-Lane – To maintain an active involvement in the Pan American Highway Association as it exists and with northeast Nebraska communities to encourage the continued four-lane development of Highway 81 from Yankton to Norfolk with emphasis on the nine miles south of Yankton to the Crofton intersection
- North of Yankton 4-Land – To be involved in the promotion of having Highway 81 north of Yankton to be considered for divided four-lane for safety and development at Napa Junction.
Meetings are held the fourth Thursday at 11 a.m. at the Yankton Chamber & Visitors Center Conference Room, 803 E. 4th St..
Mike Healy, Individual Member
Co-Chair: Dave Mingo, City of Yankton
Chuck Aman, Yankton Medical Clinic, P.C. (Board Liaison)
Vernon Arens, Arens Engineering
Ray Epp, Yankton County
Chris Ferdig, Ferdig’s Transmissions & Exhaust
Charlie Gross, Mount Marty College
Jean Hunhoff, Czeckers Bar & Grill
Kathy Quinlivan, Avera Sacred Heart Hospital (Board Liaison)
Dave Rehurek, Dave’s Full Throttle Dyno Shop
Chip Simonsen, Masonry Components, Inc.
Brad Wenande, Northwestern Energy
Kevin Domogalla, Nebraska Department of Roads
Rod Gall, South Dakota Department of Transportation
Gary Kimm, Pan American Highway Association
Bob Wiebelhaus, Nebraska Department of Transportation
For more information or to join the Transportation Committee e-mail email@example.com or call (605) 665-3636.