To generate interest in and action on advocacy efforts for key legislative issues affecting our membership and community.
2015 Strategic Plan
- Legislation – Research and make recommendations to the board concerning legislative efforts.
- Governmental Affairs Advocacy Newsletter – Weekly e-blast highlighting bills and the “pros” and “cons” of each.
- Legislative Coffees – Sponsor three coffees on Saturday mornings during the legislative session.
- Yankton Day at the Legislature
- Sponsor Pre and Post-Legislative Luncheons.
- Washington, D.C. Trip plan and coordinate annual trip in April.
- Candidate Forums – Sponsor any necessary local candidate forums.
- Community Forums – Sponsor any necessary community forums.
- Develop Regional Government Group – To bring together smaller community Chambers and Community Clubs to create a coalition that represents the extreme Southeastern area of South Dakota.
Meetings are held the second Tuesday at noon at the Yankton Chamber & Visitors Center Conference Room, 803 E. 4th St.
Kevin Watt, First Dakota National Bank
Co-Chair: Charlie Gross, Mount Marty College
Shane Bertsch, Lewis & Clark Recreation Area (Board Liaison)
Chris Ferdig, Ferdig Transmissions & Exhaust (Board Liaison)
Bernie Hunhoff, South Dakota State Representative
Jean Hunhoff, South Dakota State Senator
Beth Kathol, Ability Building Services, Inc.
Heath Larson, John A. Conkling Distributing
Marcy Moser, First Dakota National Bank (Board Liaison)
Amy Nelson, City of Yankton
Mike Stevens, South Dakota State Representative
Chris Svarstad, Individual Member
For more information or to join the Governmental Affairs Committee e-mail email@example.com or call (605) 665-3636.