To generate interest in and action on advocacy efforts for key legislative issues affecting our membership and community.
2016 Strategic Plan
- Legislation – Research and make recommendations to the board concerning legislative efforts.
- Governmental Affairs Advocacy Newsletter – Weekly e-blast highlighting bills and the “pros” and “cons” of each.
- Legislative Coffees – Sponsor three coffees on Saturday mornings during the legislative session.
- Yankton Day at the Legislature
- Sponsor Pre and Post-Legislative Luncheons.
- Washington, D.C. Trip plan and coordinate annual trip in April.
- Candidate Forums – Sponsor any necessary local candidate forums.
- Community Forums – Sponsor any necessary community forums.
- Develop Regional Government Group – To bring together smaller community Chambers and Community Clubs to create a coalition that represents the extreme Southeastern area of South Dakota.
Meetings are held the second Tuesday at noon at the Yankton Chamber & Visitors Center Conference Room, 803 E. 4th St.
Jon Hass, Wells Fargo Bank
Charlie Gross, Mount Marty College
Beth Kathol, Ability Services Center, Inc.
Marcy Moser, First Dakota National Bank
Mike Stevens, Blackburn & Stevens, Prof. L.L.C.
For more information or to join the Governmental Affairs Committee e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (605) 665-3636.