To generate interest in and action on advocacy efforts for key legislative issues affecting our membership and community.
2016 Strategic Plan
- Legislation – Research and make recommendations to the board concerning legislative efforts.
- Governmental Affairs Advocacy Newsletter – Weekly e-blast highlighting bills and the “pros” and “cons” of each.
- Legislative Coffees – Sponsor three coffees on Saturday mornings during the legislative session.
- Yankton Day at the Legislature
- Sponsor Pre and Post-Legislative Luncheons.
- Washington, D.C. Trip plan and coordinate annual trip in April.
- Candidate Forums – Sponsor any necessary local candidate forums.
- Community Forums – Sponsor any necessary community forums.
- Develop Regional Government Group – To bring together smaller community Chambers and Community Clubs to create a coalition that represents the extreme Southeastern area of South Dakota.
Meetings are held the second Tuesday at noon at the Yankton Chamber & Visitors Center Conference Room, 803 E. 4th St.
Kevin Watt, First Dakota National Bank
Co-Chair: Charlie Gross, Mount Marty College
Jon Hass, Wells Fargo Bank
Jean Hunhoff, Czeckers Sports Bar & Grill
Heath Larson, John A. Conkling Distributing
Marcy Moser, First Dakota National Bank (Board Liaison)
Mike Stevens, Blackburn & Stevens, Prof. L.L.C.
Chris Svarstad, Individual Member
For more information or to join the Governmental Affairs Committee e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (605) 665-3636.