Business Educational Development Committee
To provide programs that train, educate and develop collaborative partnerships that contribute to business success.
2017 Strategic Plan
- Business Training & Leadership Seminars – Provide seminars for businesses that will enhance their capability to run their business and better serve their customers.
- Business Educators Expo – Expose business and education to one another in a business to business setting
- Host New Teachers Luncheon
- Leadership Yankton – Program designed to give a snap shot of leadership as it applies to the greater Yankton community.
- YankTON Challenge – A community lifestyles/weight loss program.
- Support Legislative issues related to Healthy Lifestyles.
- Expand and partner on the Health & Safety Fair – Promote with member businesses by partnership with SAPA annual event and hosting a large health and safety fair.
Meetings are held the first Tuesday at 4 p.m. at the Yankton Chamber & Visitors Center Conference Room, 803 E. 4th St.
Dr. Jennifer Johnke, Yankton School District 63-3
Scribe: Barbara Hermanek-Peck, Sacred Heart Monastery
Corryn Celmer, Yankton Rural Area Health Education Center
Melaine Duchscher, Yankton School District 63-3
Todd Dvoracek, Yankton School District 63-3
Cody Garvey, Yankton School District 63-3
Susan Goeden, Yankton School District 63-3
Jen Hovland, HeartPrint Home Care
Jennifer Johnke, Yankton School District 63-3
Lacey Johnson, South Dakota Department of Labor & Regulation
Barb Kabeiseman, First Dakota National Bank
Jennifer Kapla, Yankton School District 63-3
Caitlin Kemnitz, South Dakota Department of Labor & Regulation
Dr. Wayne Kindle, Yankton School District 63-3
Jennifer Kirchner, Yankton School District 63-3
Brittany LaCroix, City of Yankton
Nakita Maddox, Cornerstones Learning Center
Tammy Matuska, Individual (Board Liaison)
Carey Mitzel, Yankton School District 63-3
Lynn Mueller, Fitness 365
Rita Nelson, Yankton Area Progressive Growth
Angie O’Connor, Avera Sacred Heart Wellness Center
Kristi Palecek, TruXedo, Inc. (Board Liaison)
Barbara Hermanek-Peck, Sacred Heart Monastery (Scribe)
Sheryl Rehurek, Yankton School District 63-3
Mary Rolfs, Sacred Heart Middle School
Beth Rye, Yankton Daily Press & Dakotan
Joseph Sejnoha, Mount Marty College
Cindy Smith, Sapa Extrusions, Inc.
Brenda Spencer, Regional Technical Education Center, Inc.
Marie Steckelberg, Steckelberg Consulting, LLC
Susan Thorson, Mount Marty College
Jennifer Trenhaile, South Dakota Division of Rehabilitation Services
Sheila Ulrich, Avera Education & Staffing Solutions
Jeni Wechsler, Yankton County Health Nurse
For more information or to join the Business Educational Development Committee e-mail email@example.com or call (605) 665-3636.