Investment in the Yankton Area Chamber of Commerce is essential to the economic growth of our community. We provide value to members through network development, educational programs, promotion and advocacy.
Listed below is just a few of the many benefits we offer our members.
Business and Management Services
- Business Calendar
- As a Chamber Member enter your events at your business that the public and other members are invited to.
- Business Education Training and Seminars
- Chamber Member business information
- Chamber Member Identification
- A window decal to identify you as a trusted member in the business community.
- Constant Contact Discount: Chamber members looking to sign up for Constant Contact can receive a 25% discounted fee for being member of the Yankton Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Convention Services through the CVB.
- Forums on legislative and public issues
- Job Postings listed on Web site
- Limitless referrals
- The office receives many requests each day for recommendations on goods and services in the Yankton area. Our staff works to refer Chamber Members first and foremost.
- Members receive complete listings in our Web site directory.
- Members in the visitor industry receive complete listings on visitor information pages.
- Members receive electronic referrals when customers request services.
- Members are sent newcomers lists upon request.
- Sign up for Automatic Clearing House (ACH) payment method and receive $10 off your membership.
Chamber members and their employees can volunteer and be part of the decision making process by joining one of the five committees available.
- Business Education Development
- Governmental Affairs
Marketing and Sponsorship
One of the greatest benefits enjoyed by Chamber members is the exposure gained through our marketing efforts.
- Your Chamber works to strengthen the economy, create jobs and is a voice for business.
- The Chamber advocates for business on the local, regional, state and federal level by hosting public forums, meetings with legislators and congressional leaders.
- Chamber Newsletter
- Each member receives the Chamber’s electronic Weekly Spotlight newsletter. They are designed to keep you up-to-date on Chamber happenings and businesses.
- Flier insert link – PDF Ready ($100)
- “Members on the Move” – (FREE) Announcement section in the weekly newsletter sharing your business news.
- Many Chamber Programs and Events offer these opportunities. Check out each events information on the Programs and Events tab.
- Ag Gala
- Business Seminars
- Chamber Golf Day
- Membership Mixers
- New Teacher Luncheons
- Women of Distinction Luncheon
- Yankton Day at the Legislature
- Annual Meeting and Banquet
- Candidate Forums
- Leadership Yanton
- New Member Orientations
- Pre and Post Legislative Luncheons
- YankTON Challenge
- New Member Recognition
- Your company is prominently mentioned at our mixers, board meetings and in the Chamber Newsletter.
- Ribbon Cuttings
- Ribbon Cutting listed in weekly newsletter.
- Photo of event and your business information in the Yankton Daily Press & Dakotan
- Photo of event on yanktonsd.com/ribbon Web site
- Membership Listing on Chamber Web site directory with two category listings
- Link your business Web site to the Chamber’s Web site that receives thousands of visitors per month.
- Attend many of our Chamber programs and events.
- Chamber Membership Mixers
- Mixers are held 6 times a year for members to exchange business cards, make new contacts, socialize and have a little fun.
- New members are announced
- $50 for members to host and spotlight their business
- New Member Orientation
- Get to know the staff and the many programs and benefits available to you as a Chamber Member.
- Certificates of Origin approval
- Citywide Business Directory (Excel Sheet or Hard Copy) ($50)
- Community calendar of events
- Labels printed of Chamber Members addresses ($.10/label)
- Membership Directory/Excel Sheet
- Name tags for visitor related meetings and conventions
- Notary public service
- Public Access Channel listings
- Relocation and visitor packets
- World-Wide Chamber telephone numbers and addresses
- Chamber Dollars
- These checks can be used at any Yankton business and helps keep the dollars local.
- Community Involvement
- Your Chamber is involved and supports community events. While the Chamber does not manage many of these events, we market and serve on committees that produce them.
- Yankton First Items
- Chamber members receive free Hot Deals listed on the Web site.
- Customizable posters, table tents and fliers are available online for your business to download and use to promote shopping local.
- Static window clings are available to promote shopping local.
Yankton Chamber and Visitors Center
- The Chamber and Visitors Center attracts hundreds of visitors, locals and new residents each month.
- Conference Room – Members have free use of for business related meetings, trainings, interviews and press conferences.
- Display your company brochure for free
- Display your business card for free
- Local telephone directory outlet
- Poster Display for $125/year – Size 20.5” x 27.5”
Whether or not you are actively involved in programs and events, the Yankton Chamber works for you 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Our commitment is to business and creating a growing economy. Join us today!